Friday, August 6, 2010

Days Like This



It has been forever since I have written.  Oh, how life changes in the blink of an eye.  My resolutions have all gone by the wayside, I'm back to work, and my beautiful sister is fighting the battle of her life after being diagnosed with breast cancer in May.  I never take life lightly, but things have certainly been put in perspective over the past few months.  Every trivial thing that starts to annoy me is quickly washed away at the thought of what Ang is going to have to endure over the next year.  Every time I yell at my kids for doing some stupid little annoying kid thing, I am immediately stricken with the guilt of wasting a moment with them over something I won't even remember tomorrow. 

But, at the same time... as hard as it is, life must go on.  We all question our existence at some point I think.  Or, maybe I'm just weird.  I don't question, or ponder... I dwell.  But, after years of dwelling, and questioning and regretting, I do know why I'm here, and I know where I'm going after it is all said and done.  Believe what YOU will, but I know what I believe, and that is a comfort I can relax and take some comfort in on "days like this..."

No comments: