
Today is Sunday, March 15. We spent the weekend in Dodge City for my grandfather's funeral. It was a very strange experience. I was doing pretty good until I saw the pictures of him at the funeral home. In a flash, I realized how much time I had missed out on with him, and how I never really got to know him. Anyway, it was still nice to see everyone and it was really comforting to be back there. We went to my grandparents' house and the girls played in many of the same places I used to play. The house looks almost exactly like I remembered it. It was a very emotional weekend. It's been 20 years almost to the day since I have been back. Many are no longer with us, and many have changed. But, it still felt very much like "home" in the sense that a grandparents' house does.
It was hard to leave everyone again, but the trip was not easy with the little man. We didn't get a lot of sleep, and that is NEVER a good thing for Mike and I. We don't exactly see eye to eye when that happens. The kids were actually all very good though, considering.
Anyway, it is back to reality today. Tax season you know....
It was hard to leave everyone again, but the trip was not easy with the little man. We didn't get a lot of sleep, and that is NEVER a good thing for Mike and I. We don't exactly see eye to eye when that happens. The kids were actually all very good though, considering.
Anyway, it is back to reality today. Tax season you know....
1 comment:
I am learning to follow your blog. I've never done this before. I really enjoyed seeing you all even though it was a sad reason. I look forward to more pictures and updates.
Post a Comment