Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Many Faces of Maiki....


Makena went to Grandma's house tonight, so the other M's and I had a great evening. Went to the Mad Greek for dinner and walked around downtown - I still love Lawrence so much by the way.... Maddox was really good and waved at all the passers-by. We also got to hear about his "BIG....poop" in the car the whole way. I will have to record him saying it to give the full effect. It was really cute - at least as cute as a 2-year-old talking about his big dump can be!

By the time we got home, it was time for the Madness to go to bed ("Yay!!" says Maiki). So, after we got him all tucked in, Maiki and I started our girls' night. We painted nails, took pictures of each other (after which I deleted all of the ones of me....gobbler and all) ate popcorn and watched Fred Claus. We started out watching Halloween, (Maiki likes scary movies) but after about 10 minutes, she decided it might give her nightmares, so "we better watch something else." She crashed about 10 minutes later....

Cute Maikism for the day.... We got the girls' hair cut earlier in the day at Great Clips. There is a guy that works there that wears a yammika (sp?) and cut their hair the time before. For whatever reason, they both decided they didn't want him cutting their hair again. I asked, and Maiki said it was because of the "thing" he wears on his head. She didn't like it. So, I proceeded to explain to her that he was Jewish and it was a custom that they wear them, etc. She asked what it meant to be Jewish and I explained that it was a religion, and that they believed in God, but they believed some different things than Christians. Maiki thought for a minute and then asked, "Do they believe in rainbows?" I love that kid.






No comments: